Cassis Bistro Dining ChairAugust 2, 2021
Vintage Kadai Planters
$495.00 – $1,070.00
Indian kadai or cooking pots can be repurposed as a unique and stunning planter. Bright green foliage contrasts beautifully against the iron.
Vintage Kadai Planters. Unique garden feature
Photos here are examples only. Sizes from 60-120cm diameter are available but supply is limited and depends on availability.
Tell us the size and features you want and we will send photos for you to choose.
Old Indian Kadai cooking pots repurposed as planters
- These are old Indian cooking pot or kadai or cooking pots were previously used to cook food over an open fire in the streets and villages of Rajasthan. Kadai come in all sizes, some several meters wide.
- Each kadai or cooking pot is individually handcrafted and has characteristics as individual as the person who made it.
- We purchase these kadai directly and ethically from Rajasthan India when they are no longer suitable for cooking food.
- No two kadai are the same. They are handmade by nomadic Indian traders by riveting iron plates together. The individual age is unknown, they can be up to 100 years old. They all bear the patina of previous use and are full of character.
- Supply is limited and depends on what we have sourced.
- They could also be as a water feature to attract birds and wildlife to your garden. They would require a coat of pond sealer if used for this purpose.
- Please let us know if you would like a hole drilled in the bottom to aid drainage (recommended if you plan to use as a planter).
- Perfect for succulents, flowering bulbs such as hyacinth, and small plants like pansies. Please see examples in photos
- We deliver throughout Australia. Please contact us for a delivery quote as the shipping calculator does not give accurate results for larger heavier items such as this.
- Pick up available from Unit 3/6 Swift Way, Dandenong South. Please contact us to arrange pick up as not all stock is stored at this location.
60-79cm, 80-84cm, 85-89cm, 90-94cm, 95-99cm, 100-104cm, 105-109cm