Cassis Garden Terrace SettingMay 21, 2019
Jali Trellis Screen PanelMay 21, 2019
Water Bowl for Water Garden
$495.00 – $1,070.00
Indian kadhai or cooking pots can be repurposed as a unique and stunning water bowl. Add water plants to create a beautiful water garden feature to cool your outdoor space. Bright green foliage contrasts beautifully against the iron.
The story behind Indian Kadhai
Genuine old Indian kadhai were originally used for cooking large quantities of food at festivals, temples and at weddings. Previously, a fire was lit underneath and food simmered or fried inside. They are frequently seen on the roadside where vendors cook and sell their street food. No longer suitable for cooking, they can be repurposed as a water bowl to create a unique and very special water garden. Each one is individually handcrafted and has characteristics as individual as the person who made it.
- We purchase these kadhai ethically from Rajasthan India when they are no longer suitable for cooking food.
- No two kadhai are the same. They are handmade by nomadic Indian traders by riveting iron plates together. The individual age is unknown, they can be up to 100 years old. They all bear the patina of previous use.
- Kadhai used as water gardens require sealing with pond sealer on the inside.
Select your kadhai
Photos here are examples only. Sizes from 80-140cm diameter are available but supply is limited and depends on availability.
Tell us the size and features you want and we will send photos for you to choose.
Pick up and Delivery
- You can select and collect your kadhai water garden from our workshop in Dandenong South, Melbourne VIC. Please call first to ensure what you want is available- not all stock is onsite.
- We deliver throughout Australia. Please contact us for a delivery quote at: firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form on the ‘contact’ page- we will reply within an hour or so during business hours. Please tell us the size you want and the delivery postcode.
- Due to the variations in this product we calculate delivery depending on dimensions and postcode. The shipping calculator does not usually give the cheapest options due to the complexities of packing these items.
- Sometimes delivery to a local depot may be convenient for you and will reduce shipping costs considerably. It’s best to contact us and we will work with you to find the best solution for you.
60-79cm, 80-84cm, 85-89cm, 90-94cm, 95-99cm, 100-104cm, 105-109cm, 60-79cm