Genuine Indian Kadai Fire Pit 85-89cm DiameterJune 21, 2021
Genuine Indian Kadai Fire Pit 95-99cm DiameterJune 21, 2021
Genuine Indian Kadai Fire Pit 90-94cm Diameter
Genuine old Indian kadai fire pit. Large handcrafted iron bowl previously used for cooking food can now be repurposed as a unique and very special outdoor fire pit. Larger sizes (more than 110cm) and extra special premium kadai are available and are priced individually according to size, weight and detail. Please contact us for further information.
6 in stock
Genuine Indian Kadai Fire Pit 90- 94cm Diameter
Kadai Background Story
Our Indian kadai were originally used for cooking large quantities of food at festivals and weddings. A fire was lit underneath and food simmered or fried inside. Smaller kadai are frequently seen on the roadside where vendors cook and sell their street food. Now they can be repurposed as a very special and unique outdoor fire pit. Each one is handmade by nomadic Indian traders and has characteristics as individual as the person who crafted it, no two kadai are the same.
We purchase these kadai ethically from Rajasthan India. The individual age is unknown, they can be up to 100 years old. They all bear the patina of years of previous use and understandably, supply is limited.
We usually travel to India to select kadai which are of a good thickness with solid bases, now a trusted contact selects kadai on our behalf until we can all safely travel again. We would not sell anything we would not be happy to receive ourselves.
Prices include a stand and grate to fit your chosen kadai. We have some BBQ grills to fit some kadai which are available on request.
Select your kadai
Photos here are examples only. Tell us the size and features you want and we will send photos for you to choose. If you would like a delivery quote, please include your postcode. email: email@example.com or via the contact page
Please include your mobile number in your email as sometimes our reply finds your junk mail.
Pick up and Delivery
- You can select and collect your fire pit from our workshop in Dandenong South, Melbourne VIC. Please call first to ensure what you want is available- not all stock is stored onsite.
- We deliver throughout Australia. Please contact us for a delivery quote at: firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form on the contact page. Please tell us the size you want and the delivery postcode.
- Please include your mobile number in your email as sometimes our reply email finds your junk mail.
- Due to the variations in this product, we calculate delivery depending on dimensions of the kadhai you want and your postcode. The shipping calculator does not give accurate pricing due to the complexities of packing these items. For example, kadhai over 40kg require delivery on a pallet and special delivery arrangements.
- Sometimes delivery to a local depot may be convenient for you and will reduce shipping costs considerably. The depot will call when your fire pit arrives and you have 14 days to collect without incurring storage fees.
Kadai can be used in other ways:
- in summer, they can be filled with ice to keep drinks cold.
- as a very special planter. Bright green foliage contrasts beautifully against the iron.
- to store firewood.
60-79cm, 80-84cm, 85-89cm, 90-94cm, 95-99cm, 100- 104cm, 105-109cm, 110-119cm